With new year just around the corner (and today being my 1st blog birthday!), I tend to feel reflective over what the last 12 months have brought; both the good and the bad. It's been quite a mixed year for me in all honesty, with many ups and many downs, especially where my mental health issues and personal life has been concerned. I've made a lot of mistakes, learnt a lot of lessons and finally asked for help.
While there were tears, there was also many smiles and I'm definitely not the same person I was this time last year. Never did I think my blog would grow in the way it has, and I have a lot to thank for it. I've made some of the best friends, met lots of lovely people and had some incredible opportunities. Oh heck, I even mustered up the courage to take outfit posts in public! I've developed a love for photography, documenting my daily life and even working with a local magazine shooting some fashion shows. And 12 months ago if you had told me I'd would have been featured in my favourite magazine, Company, I probably would've laughed in your face - but hey, it happened and I still can't quite believe it.
And as I make my goals for the year ahead, I'm rather excited to see what 2014 has in store for me.
- It was a dream come true to find myself being featured in the October Issue of Company Magazine, my proudest achievement to date. I think I may have even cried a little bit when I received the email asking if I'd like to be in the magazine.
- As you may know, music and gigs have always been a massive part of my life. Whilst I sadly stopped working for Venture Mag halfway through the year, I was still super lucky to see many of my favourite artists live. Some of my favourites were: Bastille, Two Door Cinema Club, The 1975, Ellie Goulding, Anberlin, The Summer Set, Don Broco and Tonight Alive to name a few.
- A few months ago I woke up to find myself with a tweet from Company magazine - I'd won a massive hamper full of make-up (read more about it here).
- I passed my first year of University, and even achieving firsts in my favourite modules, hooray!
- Attending many blog events including Lush, The Body Shop, and one too many afternoon teas. I even helped organise my own, along with The NE Bloggers in a local Topshop. Also, Newcastle hosted their first fashion weekend where I got to meet the wonderful Victoria White, Poppy Dinsey (who actually commented on my blog post about it *fan girl moment*) and Caryn Franklin.
Favourite Songs of the Year:
Since 2013 has been the most incredible year for music (in my opinion) I couldn't help but list a few of my favourite songs. In all honesty I could've listed far far more, as many album releases this year have been amazing. But here are some (the original list was mammoth!) of the ones that have never been off repeat - according to my iTunes.
- Bastille - "Flaws", "Bad Blood", "Sleepsong", "Get Home", "Laura Palmer", "No Angels", "Oblivion", "Of The Night", "What Would You Do"
- The 1975 - "Chocolate", "The City", "Girls", "Pressure", "Heart Out"
- Imagine Dragons - "Bleeding Out", "It's Time", "Monster", "On Top Of The World"
- Fallout Boy - "Just One Yesterday", "Where Did The Party Go?", "The Mighty Fall", "Alone Together", "Young Volcanoes"
- Arctic Monkeys - "R U Mine", "Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High", "Do I Wanna Know", "One For The Road"
- The Neighbourhood - "Afraid", "Let It Go", "Sweater Weather"
- Ellie Goulding - "Ritual", "Stay Awake", "Goodness Gracious"
- Kodaline - "High Hopes", "Talk", "After The Fall"
- Florence And The Machine - "Over The Love"
- Katie Sky - "Only You", "Sweet Sweet Melody"
- Panic! At The Disco - "Miss Jackson", "Nicotine"
- Paramore - "Last Hope", "Still Into You", "Ain't It Fun"
- Landon Pigg - "Can't Let Go"
- Rob Thomas - "Little Wonders", "This Is How A Heart Breaks"
What have been the highlights of your year? Favourite songs?
(Ps - seeing as it's my blog birthday, I'd like to say a massive thank you to all of my readers. I recently reached 500 followers and 50,000 page views, which were my targets for the year. I couldn't be happier - things can only get better! I have some exciting things planned!)