I’ll let you in on a little secret here; I shot these photographs a few months ago and totally forgot about them. But I found them in a lost file, and low and behold – these makeup products are still my absolute must-use essentials, so that has to be saying something right?! Whilst I do really enjoy to play around with new makeup looks and use products in different ways, on a day to day basis I tend to stick to what I know works for me. And these are 5 products that do it for me, time and time again.
– MAC MSF in Lightscapade – I’ve mentioned this a few times on my blog, so I’ll keep it short – but this is holy grail for me. I can’t not use it every single day. Instead of using it as a highlighter, I love to just lightly dust this all over my face to give it a natural glow. It really helps lift my dull skin and always helps maintain my foundation, giving it a helping hand in looking flawless throughout the day. If there’s one thing I couldn’t live without – it’s this bad boy.
– MAC lipstick in Twig – After months of lusting after it, I picked up this lipstick when out makeup shopping with Helen around Easter time. Having fallen in love with the Spice lipliner over Christmas time, I knew I had to try out this lipstick. It took a little patience as it was out of stock for a while, but I finally got my hands on it and I love it. My perfect dark nude, it’s that perfect inbetween brown and pink shade. It’s one of those chuck it on and you’re good to go colours, ideal for day to day wear.
– Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe – I’ve owned this product for as long as I can remember, but having not enjoyed it as an eyeshadow base – it made it’s way to the back of my makeup storage. However, a few months ago, I was really curious over the eye brow pomade products, so being on a budget, I decided to shop my stash and decided to this a go. Used along side a Barry M Eyeliner brush, this has totally changed my brow routine. I was admittedly rather rubbish beforehand, but I have to say, I’m pretty darn in love with what this combo does to my brows. And it’s all under a tenner – winning!
– No7 Stay Perfect Shade and Define in Coffee Bean – I think I originally heard about this through Alix’s blog (one of my favourites) and I loved the sounds of it. I’ve not yet nailed the whole smoked out eyeliner thing, but this lovely product is helping me along the way. A deep chocolate shade, on days I’m not wearing liquid eyeliner (which, atm is most #hayfeverproblems) I use this to line my upper eyelid and waterline before slightly blending out to add that little bit definition. It’s a bit of a foolproof product, and a massive bargain if you get your hands on one of those No7 vouchers!
– Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara – For me, I tend to just buy the mascara that’s on offer. Guilty as charged. However, after trying out this Maybelline offering, I have to say, I’m already buying back ups. It adds plenty of length, lifts my eyelashes and gives them some much needed volume. I’m definitely a girl who likes quite a lot of mascara on a daily basis (because I look like an egg otherwise) and this product definitely does the job. Plus it doesn’t melt down the side of my face through the day, result!
Outfit Details: Dress – c/o Little Mistress, Hat – H&M, Denim Jacket – MANGO,
Shoes & Sunglasses – Primark
Many moons ago I was contacted by the lovely people over at Little Mistress asking if I’d like to photograph one of their dresses in their Look Collection – a selection of summer inspired
formal dresses. With the best excuse to dress up a little, I spent weeks trying to find the perfect
location to fit. A few weeks ago now, me and my family spent 7 days away chilling out in the Cotswolds. A place I’ve not visited before, it was filled with the most picturesque of villages, with floral displays and cottages a plenty. So I chose to shoot these photographs in Bibury, the most beautiful of villages – and one rather popular with the tourists!
I’m not normally one for overly girly prints, but there’s something about this watercolour-esque floral print that I really love about this dress. With an under-skirt, sweetheart neckline and beading details around the waistband, there’s certainly something that extra special about this frock – making it perfect for summer weddings/proms etc. Unfortunately I don’t have any such occasions coming up (I’ve never even been to a wedding before!), but with a pair of casual heels, sunglasses and a denim jacket, I love how easily it can be dressed down. I hadn’t intended to wear a hat with this outfit (I know, me without a hat is practically unthinkable!) – but I couldn’t help snapping a few quick photos on a separate day when I spotted this incredible floral wall – it would’ve been rude not to, right?!
In other news, I’m slightly snowed down with university work, having less than 2 months to complete a whole year’s worth of work – which is slightly insane. In an attempt to be organised and keep to my 3 post a week schedule, I’m trying to plan ahead as much as I can. Whilst I have quite a few outfit posts coming up, I’m thinking of shooting some more beauty/lifestyle posts and maybe some actual fashion posts (rather than personal style) – so I’d love to know which posts are your favourite to read!
Details: Silk Teddy with Rose Lace & Nude Rose Lingerie Set (all c/o Marks and Spencer)
We all have those days when we may be feeling a little self-conscious and lacking in confidence, probably wanting to hide under the duvet and avoid the world. However, something that always helps boost my spirits is treating myself to some new lingerie sets and nightwear pieces. So when the lovely people over at Marks & Spencer contacted me to see if I’d like to try out some of their summer collection – I replied in record timing!
As the days start to heat up, there’s something about the sunnier months that makes me want to ditch the oversized fluffy Pjs and go for something a little lighter and somewhat fancier. So when I spotted this incredible Silk Teddy on the website, I knew it just had to be mine. Made of the softest silk ever imaginable (like, trust me) it has adjustable straps and an elastic waist – making it uber comfortable, and is nothing short of perfect. So the price tag kind of reflects that, but if you’re wanting to treat yourself, this is certainly the way to go! It’s perfect for those summer nights to lounge around in.
M&S also have a wide selection of lingerie, with everything from Smooth & Minimal, to Bright & Bold and Cool Curves. But the collection that caught my eye was their Vintage Charm – with the Rosie for Autograph pieces being nothing short of perfect. With fabrics such as French-designed lace and silk, in a variety of vintage-inspired tones and floral prints, I was sold. I chose to go for the Nude Rose Lingerie Set as there was something about it that stood out to me. Whilst you don’t get Rosie Huntington-Whiteleys body to go with the pieces *sob*, but if I do say so myself – I absolutely love how this lingerie set works for me. Like with the nightwear, it’s made of the most luxurious of silk and lace and fits perfectly. There isn’t much worse than lingerie that’s uncomfortable
(we all know what I’m talking about) but I needn’t have worried – this set is to die for. And if I could wear it all of the time, I probably would. Plus I love it works with slightly sheerer blouses (that are all over the high-street throughout the summer months) as it adds that something something without feeling exposed in the slightest. So, basically, I’m just obsessed.