I’ll let you in on a little secret here; I shot these photographs a few months ago and totally forgot about them. But I found them in a lost file, and low and behold – these makeup products are still my absolute must-use essentials, so that has to be saying something right?! Whilst I do really enjoy to play around with new makeup looks and use products in different ways, on a day to day basis I tend to stick to what I know works for me. And these are 5 products that do it for me, time and time again.
– MAC MSF in Lightscapade – I’ve mentioned this a few times on my blog, so I’ll keep it short – but this is holy grail for me. I can’t not use it every single day. Instead of using it as a highlighter, I love to just lightly dust this all over my face to give it a natural glow. It really helps lift my dull skin and always helps maintain my foundation, giving it a helping hand in looking flawless throughout the day. If there’s one thing I couldn’t live without – it’s this bad boy.
– MAC lipstick in Twig – After months of lusting after it, I picked up this lipstick when out makeup shopping with Helen around Easter time. Having fallen in love with the Spice lipliner over Christmas time, I knew I had to try out this lipstick. It took a little patience as it was out of stock for a while, but I finally got my hands on it and I love it. My perfect dark nude, it’s that perfect inbetween brown and pink shade. It’s one of those chuck it on and you’re good to go colours, ideal for day to day wear.
– Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Permanent Taupe – I’ve owned this product for as long as I can remember, but having not enjoyed it as an eyeshadow base – it made it’s way to the back of my makeup storage. However, a few months ago, I was really curious over the eye brow pomade products, so being on a budget, I decided to shop my stash and decided to this a go. Used along side a Barry M Eyeliner brush, this has totally changed my brow routine. I was admittedly rather rubbish beforehand, but I have to say, I’m pretty darn in love with what this combo does to my brows. And it’s all under a tenner – winning!
– No7 Stay Perfect Shade and Define in Coffee Bean – I think I originally heard about this through Alix’s blog (one of my favourites) and I loved the sounds of it. I’ve not yet nailed the whole smoked out eyeliner thing, but this lovely product is helping me along the way. A deep chocolate shade, on days I’m not wearing liquid eyeliner (which, atm is most #hayfeverproblems) I use this to line my upper eyelid and waterline before slightly blending out to add that little bit definition. It’s a bit of a foolproof product, and a massive bargain if you get your hands on one of those No7 vouchers!
– Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara – For me, I tend to just buy the mascara that’s on offer. Guilty as charged. However, after trying out this Maybelline offering, I have to say, I’m already buying back ups. It adds plenty of length, lifts my eyelashes and gives them some much needed volume. I’m definitely a girl who likes quite a lot of mascara on a daily basis (because I look like an egg otherwise) and this product definitely does the job. Plus it doesn’t melt down the side of my face through the day, result!